If we still used a Roman calender, that is what today would have been — the ides of February.
It was, for me, in most ways an ordinary day, and as far as crochet goes, I spent most of my time on the project I have titled “If pigs (and dogs and birds and bears and frogs and lions and turtles) could fly,” first adding some ears to a pig I had inadvertently left earless:
and then moving on to completing the hexagons needed for row four, joining them to each other, and then joining the completed fourth row to the other three:
All of that joining went reasonably well with just one minor crochet drama that occurred as a result of failing to pay attention to which hexagon I was joining where.
I did not notice my mistake until had woven in the end, trimmed it, and begun the process of joining the next hexagon which compounded the error and made the undoing a bit more challenging, but it was done soon enough, and I moved on to the fifth row, and that is where things slowed appreciably.
While I do have a stash of completed hexagons, I had none in the colors I needed for the fifth row, so I dug into the basket that houses the UFOs that are the current focus of my attention and used what pre-made pieces I could find to get to make two of the four color cluster hexagons needed for the fifth row.
Not only did I not have the color cluster hexagons in the colors needed, except for one dog, I didn’t have any of the animal hexagons ready to go; toward that end, I worked on the five frogs I had already begun:
Despite what feels to me like a glacial pace of completion, I am learning a lot from this project that I will be able to use in future crochet endeavors,
In the meantime with just 15 working days left in February, I am keeping my focus on the unfinished projects that abound and will try to get a few more into the “ta-done” column.