For me, part of preparing to work on my state fair project is to finish whatever “urgent” projects might be in my personal queue, and the taco purse was one such project.
I had completed all of the pieces several days ago, and yesterday I finally got out all of the tools and materials I would need to finish it and did exactly that.
I started by sewing in the reinforcing piece for the bottom of the bag:
With the reinforcing piece secured, I was able to move forward with the lining:
From there, I wrestled with the zipper piece (I had made a counting error and had to make adjust a few things to make it work) and attached the handles:
With the taco purse finally completed, I was able to get a couple of photos of the bag in its natural habitat.
Here it is with the handles configured to be worn over one shoulder:
and here it is with the handles configured so that it can be worn across the body:
and so the new owner of the bag would have what I consider essentials at her finger tips, I threw in some of my favorite flavors of sugar-free gum, a teeny, tiny tin of peppermint Altoids, and some Clover bent-tipped needles and stitch markers:
With the taco bag ready to go out into the world and share the joy of crochet, I am now free to concentrate all of my crochet efforts on Cookieghan 2.0.