My battle with entropy is of long standing, and while I occasionally win the battle of the top of my work table for a few hours:
for the most part, the victories have been short-lived and pyrrhic.
Bottom line: I am losing the war.
But despite these losses, despite the fact that on some level I know that entropy always wins, for reasons both personal and practical, I want to create a more organized work space so that I can be more productive and get patterns written for more than 50 of my designs.
Some of these partially completed projects have languished for years, and I would like to get them done before my next birthday ending in zero, and if that is going to happen, something needs to change.
So I began the journey of change today by admitting that the armature I had devised for this boho heart mandala:
was not going to work as I had envisioned no matter how many times I tried. So I undid the carefully placed whip stitches, and was left with these to yarn covered hoops:
In short order, I had the yarn frogged and wound into balls.
I suppose I could have taken a photo, but there was no time. One of the other ways I am dealing with my outsized crochet empire is to rehab some of the many pieces and squares the have accumulated over the decades into five, six, and seven-inch squares.
I started by weaving in the ends of these two squares. The one on the left is from a week ago or so, and the one on the right is my second seven-inch square using the remnants of a border I never used for a crochet project I have yet to finish:
When those were done, I then focused on five-inch squares for Project Amigo, and I was pleased at the pieces I was able to give new purpose to:
Rehabbing the crochet squares has taught me to look at the many pieces of crochet I have made in a new light, and it has also made me see that with some persistence and ingenuity, it is possible to give a piece that might otherwise be seen as wasted yarn a new and purposeful life.