While the second crochet scrap cat is coming along slowly, it is coming along.
Part of what makes my scrap cats so slow to crochet is that unlike the original, the change of color is not regular and easy to see.
Instead it is a riotously messy amalgamation of varying lengths of yarn tied end to end. The colors change precipitously and without warning, so you can’t tell with just a quick glance, where you are, but instead must count carefully, looking behind the “fur” created by forward facing yarn scrap ends.
But despite these challenges, I persisted, and while my pace was not quick, eventually the body of the cat was done:
But the cat was still in need of two ears, a face, and a tail, so I continued as long as I was able to before the next thing came along, and this wa the result:
And here is how it looked with all of the pieces that I have gotten made:
In looking over my handiwork, I noticed that the back of this second scrap cat had what can best be described as a bare spot where longer yarn scraps had “pooled”:
Here is a closer shot:
At this point, I am undecided about what to do.
I could use some of my munificent scrap yarn collection to fill in this spot, or I could embrace the vagaries of crocheting with scrap yarn and not try to “fix” or mask it.
I haven’t yet decided which if any course of action I will follow, but I will trust the universal force of crochet to lead me where I need to go.