Now that I have made substantial progress on piecing the center panel of my as yet-to-be finished state fair piece, I have a number of seams that need to be tricked out, so the past couple of days, that is where I put most of my crochet effort.
I got off to a slow start. I had thought it would be a good idea to focus a lot of my efforts on an area I found to be particularly problematic when it came to figuring out how to decorate the seams.
I had thought that if I could power through this one area, I would take the mojo finishing it would generate and the rest of the decorating would fall into place.
I was wrong.
First, I did not power through. Not at all.
I tried several things, all of which did not work, and they didn’t just “not work,” they failed spectacularly, so finding myself in need of an embroidery win, I scanned the various seams that needed work and focused on one that was close to being done.
I started by trying out a zigzag chain stitch with my beloved shocking pink Red Heart Super Saver:
Once I had that done to my satisfaction:
I decided to build on the zigzag embroidery mojo, using real teal an elongated French knot to adorn the seam on the left side of the vase of flowers:
Happy that I seem to have finally tapped into some seam decorating mojo, I moved on to another area:
and quickly settled on a length of burgundy crochet rick rack that I had made earlier and which fit just right:
Then after some hestitaiton and internal debate, I moved forward with coral French knots:
which, when they were done, seemed to be the perfect.
The more I work on this project, the more I am grateful that I did not try to hurry it or complete it in a fashion that would serve to disappoint me long after it was done.