For the last couple of days, I have spent most of my time working toward getting my crochet empire organized.
Today I made substantial progress toward the goal of having an efficient and easy to use space, but as I move forward, sorting like with like and finding the space to house my tools and materials, it is clear that I have not yet crocheted enough stash bags to house my current stash.
So while I sat through my son’s trumpet lesson today, I dutifully worked on a yellow stash bag. This bag has been going slowly. I have made any number of errors and had to unravel substantial amounts of work several times, so when we got home from his trumpet lesson, I was more than happy to set aside the recalcitrant bag and turn my attention (at least for a few minutes) to my much beloved groovyghan to be.
Using my 4.5 mm Etimo hook, yarn that matched at least one of the squares being joined and the right sides of the squares together, I worked a slip stitch through the right sides only:
The squares lay flat and resulting join is tidy and attractive
After successfully joining the first two squares, I went on to join the rest of the squares one to the other making a strip seven motifs long:
Tomorrow I will continue to work on my organization project, and if I can overcome the yellow yarn’s objections to becoming a stash bag, I may finish that as well, but today, I got the opportunity to finish at least one small aspect of this afghan that will be a favorite for years to come.