Yesterday I was very excited to have finished crocheting all of the cookies I would need for the cookieghan:
Today, I faced the reality of the fact that now that the cookies are made, they need to be joined, and while I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to do, today was the day that the rubber met the road, and I would find out just how well (or not) my chosen joining would work.
Armed with Red Heart Super Saver warm brown worsted weight yarn, a 4.5mm hook, 169 cookies, I got to work.
I had decided to trim/join each cookie by working a single crochet followed by a chain-1 into every other stitch around the edge of the cookies.
While the idea had worked perfectly in theory, and reasonably well in the test I did some time in April of last year, today I found that I had no where near enough stitch markers to keep track of all of the stitches that needed tracking, so I bought two more packages of the Clover jumbo stitch markers:
These two dozen new jumbo stitch makers, coupled with the two dozen I already had, made it much easier to track not only where I needed to make the single crochet stitches on any given cookie, but which chain-1 spaces I would need to use to make the joinings.
By dinner, I had joined 12 of the 169 crochet cookies:
This part of a project is, in ways, the most difficult; it is where any doubts I have will surface, and I will have to ignore them and press forward because the point of no-return is a distant memory, and the only thing at hand is the 157 cookies still to be joined.