I had grand plans for this weekend.
I was going to get sooooo much stuff done. I would finish the Seafarer’s cap, I would make chair leg socks for all three of the stools at the breakfast bar in the kitchen, I would get the yarn cleared off the breakfast bar, as well a table in the living room and the top of the piano.
And when I was done with all of that “housekeeping”, there would be time left over to crochet myself a super crocheter cape.
Everything I didn’t accomplish in 2012, I would get done over the 48 hours that just passed.
Except that I didn’t.
The weekend, was wonderful, but I did not get done everything that I had imagined I would, and while I suppose that this is due in part to the fact that I have a magnificent imagination, I still felt a bit of disappointment when I fell short of my goals.
First up was the seafarer’s cap. I finally finished with the crochet and had woven in all of the ends:
I thought it would only take me a few minutes to do the seaming. But I followed the directions for the seaming and was not happy with the look I was getting. After 45 minutes trying various combinations of loops and whip stitching versus other methods, I decided to set it aside until I could figure out another solution.
What was waiting for me (in addition to the varied and various yarn piles) was the chair leg sock project, and while I did not finish chair leg socks for all three stools at the breakfast bar in my kitchen, I did finish these four:
Which I then wrestled into place onto the chair legs of one of the stools:
A detail of which can be seen here:
And should you have chairs of your own that need chair leg socks, here are written instructions that I hope you will find of help.