I am no longer fighting to get the sangria granny square bag finished.
After my last blog post, I realized that I am not in charge -- the bag is -- and like the Mamy Bag (another past project that resisted my finishing efforts), it will not be done until it is ready to be done.
With that in mind I finished crocheting eight additional five-petal flowers:
and got this photo of them with their previously crocheted compatriots:
before I got all that I could fit onto the strap securely appliquéd:
The strap looked a little messy because at that moment I was unable to track down my pair of disappearing scissors, but those flowers were (and are) not going anywhere:
With most of the particulars of the main strap figured out, I turned my attention to the twisted cords I want to incorporate in the finished bag. I had wanted to know if it were possible to make a twisted cord with a small fringe a either end and it turned out that the answer is yes:
The cord I made is small and was a trial run for future longer twisted cord
I learned that two 36" lengths of yarn will (after twisting) become 14.5" of cord. Having gained this knowledge, I can now figure out what lengths of yarn I will need to make the length of twisted cord that I want for a given situation.
With the twisted cord made, I turned my attention to trimming the ends of the flowers that I had appliquéd to the crochet strap, and once that was done, decided to see how it looked with the bag.
Here it is seen from the back:
and here it is seen from the front:
I know that eventually this project will come to an end. The last bit of flair will be attached, all of the ends will be woven in and trimmed, but in the meantime, I will do my best to make peace with this bag and move forward the only way a person can: one stitch at a time.
Related post: Strike me pink!