Today was like a lot of Mondays.
I got up too early, had too many things to do, and too little time to do them.
My first order of crochet business was to crochet 15 additional yellow cancer awareness ribbons to add to the three dozen or so I have already made for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser for my friend Becky’s husband, Donn.
I had promised myself I would make at least five every day until I reached 100, but I had not made any on Saturday or Sunday, so I needed to get caught up.
Once I got caught up on the ribbon front, I had several errands to run that took me out of the house until just before noon. Finally, after grabbing a quick lunch, I was able to resume work on the cookie-dough-ku project.
Here is how it looked yesterday, just minutes before sunset:
While I had finished borders on five of the squares, there were four squares still in need of a border, so that is where I started:
With the borders completed, I then turned my attention to the joining, first making three rows composed of three squares each:
which I then joined into one fully assembled cookie-dough-ku puzzle:
While the puzzle is now fully assembled, there is still a border to crochet, more cookies for solving the puzzle to be made, and I must find (or crochet) a something suitable to hold all of the cookies for solving, but I can see now that this project, like this Monday, is nearing the ends, and sooner than I realize, it will be time to box it up, send it out, and begin work on whatever it is that is next.