When I last wrote a blog post, I had reached the point where I had to start work on a lining for this lunchbox to be.
Before I can move forward, I have to have a better sense of just how much structure the lining will add to the overall design, so with that in mind, I went to Wish Upon a Quilt on Friday in search of the perfect fabrics.
I had no trouble finding a turquoise for the outer lining, but the number of options for the inner lining made the selection more difficult.
Eventually, I settled on this floral print which, in addition to picking up the turquoise of the basket and the nearly matching fabric, also had splashes of red and green and a pink that tends toward salmon:
Then on Saturday, when I was not taking advantage of the weather to get a start on some long overdue laundry, I worked out the details of the templates for the top and bottom linings and cut them out.
Then using those templates, I cut out the future linings for the top and bottom of the crochet lunchbox
Here are the linings for the top cut out and pinned together:
and here is one of the bottom linings before pinning:
and here are both bottom linings with the seams pinned and ready to sew:
Then, after I had finished with a few errands and even more laundry, I set myself up out on my back deck and took advantage of the beautiful spring weather to sew as many of the seams as I could, and here is what I got done:
Then I pressed everything, and got the bottom linings pinned together and ready for one last seam:
Tomorrow’s weather promises more of the same, so I am keeping my fingers crossed, that I am able to use the time and the excellent light to finish the lining and bring this crochet vision to fruition.